MOSTY Building Gospel Bridges in Prague, Czech Republic
- Court terme
- Prague, Czech Republic
- 6-12 months, 1-2 years
Picture yourself walking the streets of Prague. You pass breathtaking churches and enter one of them. Inside, you get a sense of heavenly majesty. Along the street there are statues of saints and angels and you can’t escape the sense that this is a place that has a long Christian history.
Digging below the surface though, this self-proclaimed atheist nation is one of the most post-Christian nations in the world. The church, as an institution, is not central to Czech culture and most people have never met anyone who follows Jesus. Today, only 35,000 out of 10.5 million (around 0.3%) people in Czech identify as evangelical believers and the church is often isolated and on the margins. But there is hope and the time is ripe for the gospel.
MOSTY is the Czech word for bridges. The internship is part of a collaborative. The internship is part of a collaborative project to support the development of missional communities and churches. We are praying that MOSTY has a significant place in helping to build gospel bridges in Prague and beyond.
What is a MOSTY Internship?
This is an 11-month internship program for Czech, other European, and global learners who are growing as disciple-makers in their local context and are desiring to serve cross-culturally to continue developing as servants. We desire that as a MOSTY Intern, you will grow deep in Christ, learn to live and lead others as missional disciple-makers, come to appreciate cross-cultural ministry collaboration, and be prepared to take what you learn back to your home culture.
As an intern, you will:
- grow and learn as you serve serve part-time in a Czech church to support disciple-making
- serve in a volunteer role outside the church to extend the reach of the gospel
- take part in a learning cohort to develop and deepen your faith, understanding of disciple-making and cross-cultural ministry, and engage theology and culture together participate in and learn to lead and disciple in a missional community environment
MOSTY Intern Requirements:
- 21 and older at start of service
- 11-month international commitment, with 6-months of pre-field preparation
- December 15th application deadline for following year service (August-June)
- Raise finances for ministry support
- Ministry and discipleship experience required, cross-cultural relationships and ministry experience recommended
- Sending church support relationship (church standing with you in prayer and finances, encouraging and walking alongside you through each step including your return to the local church)