Volunteer Centres in Ukraine
- Projets missionnaires et sociales
- Hostomel, Borodyanka and Nemishaieve
- Ministry Type:
- Mercy MinistriesPioneer Church PlantingSensibilisation et Evangélisation
The volunteer centres supported by ECM are in Irpin, Hostomel, Borodyanka and Nemishaieve. Hundreds of people come every day! There they receive fresh bread, food packages, clothes and a warm drink, plus access to electricity.
As workers distribute the bread and provide such a variety of support to those in need, they are very clear about sharing the Gospel and proclaiming God’s love at the same time. The daily devotions and prayer are attended by hundreds and many attend deeper Bible studies. Our partners in the Irpin Bible Church have baptised 25 people since last year’s invasion started.
We are confident that each volunteer centre will become a church in its own right. The dedication, skill, competence and tireless commitment of the people in each of the volunteer centres is humbling, inspiring and encouraging. They are run by men and women with leadership skills, servant heart and ability to handle and teach God's Word, and they also have a team of volunteer workers from the church. They are also receiving further training in church planting skills such as evangelism or leading small groups.
The volunteer centres already hold Sunday services, small groups for studying the Bible, and a youth club to reach out the the younger generation.
How can you help?
We are focusing our help:
- Provide €1,053 per month for groceries and hot lunches for the visitors.
- Give an allowance of €210 per month to the 30 volunteer centre workers for 6 months (they are committed Christians, many of whom have lost their jobs due to the war).
- Donate €21,060 per month for the distribution of fresh bread in all our volunteer centres. A Christian bakery has been distributing up to 900 loaves of bread daily for free since the war started. We want to help them cover their costs, so that hundreds of families may have at least some bread to put on the table.
- Could provide one month of groceries and hot lunches (€1,053).
- Could supply one worker's allowance for one week (€53) or one month (€210).
- Could provide one loaf of bread each day for a month (€25).
- Could purchase bread for all the volunteer centres for one day (€711).
- But remember, any amount will help!
Watch the videos of this ministy, or read more news about it on our Ukraine page's New section.