Ukraine Crisis Fund
- Projets missionnaires et sociales
- Lviv, Ukraine
- Ministry Type:
- Children and YouthPioneer Church PlantingSensibilisation et EvangélisationStudent Ministry
Subscribe to receive updates on your email.
Download our report on the ECM workers in Ukraine, and ECM's relief work in the refugee crisis.
The Russian invasion of Ukraine is causing a crisis situation affecting millions of people in that country and our hearts hurt for their pain. Remembering Paul’s words to the Galatians, as we have opportunity, we want to do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
We want to extend that opportunity to you, inviting you to join us in supporting the ECM workers and ministries in Ukraine. There are three ways you can help them.
More than anything, Ukraine needs our prayers. Our workers in the country minister to thousands of students, children, orphans, and families through various programs, in addition to supporting several church plants. They all need our prayers. We encourage you to not only pray for them, but also share their prayer requests with your family, friends, and church. Let’s stand with them in their need!
2. Support them financially
The crisis is giving rise to new financial needs for our workers.
- The war in Ukraine has left thousands without a house. We are helping them build emergency housing in Irpin, a city close to Kiev that was severely hurt during the war. We can build one house in just a week, for €13,500.
- We are supporting six Volunteer Centres in the Kiev greater area (Irpin, Bucha and four neighbouring towns). There, the church distributes food, clothes, gives hot meals, and every day they pray and share the gospel to the hundreds who come.
- We have bought a minibus for the ECM team in Ukraine to facilitate transport of goods and refugees throughout the country and across the border.
- A network of ECM workers in countries such as Poland, Croatia, Slovenia, Romania, Bulgaria or Germany are helping drive, receive, aid, and host Ukrainian refugees that cross the Ukraine border. There is also a Day Care Centre for Ukrainian children in Poland, so their mothers can work.
- The inflation caused by the war will make things more difficult for our team and we want to send additional funds for them as needed.
To serve these and other possible needs, we have established a Ukraine Crisis Fund. If you would like to participate in the Ukraine Crisis Fund, you can do so in one of the following ways:
We will only deduct bank transfer fees at cost and forward the rest of your gift to ECM missionaries working directly in this situation. They will use it at their discretion to bring relief and support to people caught up in this crisis, whether in Ukraine or for refugees who have left the country. In the event that this money is no longer required in this way, we will use it for ongoing ECM ministry in Ukraine. If you are unhappy with this arrangement please contact your nearest ECM office to discuss other ways of giving ECM Offices
3. Share this with others
As individuals we may not be able to do a lot, but together we can achieve much more. Please share this appeal with your friends and your church. God can multiply your efforts far more than you can imagine!
The team and the churches in Ukraine, as well as the European Christian Mission, thank you for your prayers and support in these difficult times. Please pray for peace for Ukraine.